Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Fehu

Fehu -
Meaning: Cattle

Stands for:  wealth, prosperity, riches, landed property, mobile property, family, friends, love, kindred

Letter: F

Meditation at Rune Class:

As with many meditations, if they are not guided, I naturally go to a place where I am with my guides.  This time I went to our usual place in the forest, it was winter and there was a big fire with four logs forming a square around the fire.  In this meditaion, Zeulu and the Quiet Warrior was there along , my silver black wolf.  In this place I am a young blond maiden, like in most of my meditations and I am wearing furs.   Thinking of Fehu, I decided to scry in the fire.  As I gazed into the flame, the Fehu symbol hovered in the midst of the flame.  The stave gave off a vibration that was very low seeming to come from the core of the earth, very old, very primal.   As I stared at the stave's image in the fire these words sounded in my mind: responsibility, balance, wisdom, knowledge. 

responsibility:  to make and maintain wealth
balance: what to keep, what to give
wisdom: it takes wisdom to find wealth
knowledge: takes knowledge to keep wealth, not making same mistakes


I worked with the Fehu stave for a week painting in on the palms of my hands everynight before I went to sleep.  I slept very content when I had the stave on my hands.  It gives an energy of security, safety, grounding. 

Wealth is the key to this stave, but not monetary wealth.  While I struggle to balance my ability to use money wisely, to get myself out of the financial holes I have created for myself, when I lay at night and watch my daughters sleep, when we are together with the fire in the pellet stove glowing, surrounded by the serenity of the mountains, I am the wealthiest woman alive.  When I think of the friends I have that are my Kindred, I am wealthier than the richest person on this earth.  My wealth does not lie in the monetary, physical possessions I seemingly throw my money away at, my wealth is where I live. 

I have also started to use this stave daily in my life.  I have made a Fehu drawer in one of my magical cabinets, a place to store wealth for a rainy day.  I print out my receivables list at work and place the Fehu stave on the list to start a positive cash flow swing at work.  I also have started a Mimir Well on my Tyr altar, where I have place the first four staves I am working with, in order to have them stay in my memory. 

This is the first time in working with any tool that is considered a divination tool, that I have connected with the tool.  And they MEAN something to me.   This confirms that right now, I have found the fork in my path I am supposed to be on. 


Other notes to remember on Fehu:

God/Goddess:  Freya
Stone: Amber
Element: Fire and Earth
Polarity: Female
Color: Light Red
Chakra:  I would associate this with the root chakra, because wealth is all about tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment