Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Uruz

Uruz

Meaning: Auroch

Stands for: male, strength, steadfast, vitality, wit, healing, foundation

Meditation from Rune Class:

Again I returned to the woodland fire with Zeulu and the Quiet Warrior.  Staring into the fire I seemed to transcend to a place where I was spirit standing face to face with a spirit Auroch.  My forehead rested right abouve his wet nose.  He was huge with horns that spanned the skyline.  We just stood there in this celestial sky almost like we were a constellation.  He was a stable gentle strength, that made me feel safe.  Yet as I stood there I was reminded of the destroyer aspect of a creature so big, and that I am that creature in my own life.  One must be careful when working on a foundation to not sabotage one's fate.  Uruz is a symbol of the sabator archetype, when one is unbalanced.  However, when one, I, can be silent and listen to my inner voice, the right direction is there. 

I began working with the Uruz stave this week of Yule.  The first night I put the stave on my palms, I dreampt of my friend Bobby, someone I haven't spent a lot of time with the last year or so.  In this dream he was a love interest, with whom I felt very save and content.  I also had a job in this dream, a job I kept running from and avoiding because I didn't want to go.  The dream kept going back and forth between Bobby and I spending time together to me needing to go to work but not wanting to. 

When I woke up from this dream I actually felt very content, like I had just woken up in the arms of my love, very protected and safe.  I realized that in my journey to fix myself, and to help the girls get over the death of their father, that having a healthy relationship as in a lover/partner way, has been put on the back burner.  Now I have intentionally done this and I am okay with my decision.  My girls needed me there during these last few years more than I have needed physical partnership.  However I realize I do miss the safety of having someone to just be there when my world feels like it is caving in.  As for the work aspect of the dream, that was easy, I am unhappy with my job and I don't want to be there, but I have a responsibility to provide for the girls and the people at my job depend  on me as well.  Somehow I need to find a balance in my work, a way to like it again.  I am still working with this stave and might have more to write later.  OH, and I realized why Bobby was the male in the dream, he was my steadfast male friend when Bill and I seperated, and he is a friend that I have always felt comfortable and safe with.  He is my Hellboy and always will be.

One thing I find interesting about this stave is that in the meditation, head to head with the celestial auroch, I felt like we were complete, a set of companions.  Skadi is the goddess I have worked with the last five years from Yule to Ostara, and Ulhr, her companion is the God associated with this stave. 

Other things about Uruz:

Gods/Goddess:  Ulhr
Stone: dark blue
Element: Earth
Color: Dark Green/Blue  ( to me this stone is more a celestial or night sky blue illuminated by the stars)
Chakra: third eye/crown/root  (this is how I see the rune)

No comments:

Post a Comment